Friday, May 3, 2013

Another Taste...


A little while ago, we gave you a taste of things to come, the first chapter in ESP's flagship novel oSWAT... We threw a lot at you in just a few pages' worth of material... With scenarios like a baffling brush war in South America and a monstrous killing machine, powered by the mind of a child, you probably came away with more questions than answers.

But have no fear! You're gonna come away from the next chapter with even more questions! And whaddaya know? The second taste's free, too. We are some seriously benevolent pushers.



2. SPIN, RITA, SPIN
Ten years later...


“Are you ready for them, Ms. Arrington?” he asks me, a wry smile creeping up the right side of his face.

“Mr. Bennett-Dyson, after that speech, I feel like you’ve handed me the Keys to Press City,” I laugh. The CEO of The Shining Corporation is a tall man with thick gray hair, a winning smile, and a smooth tongue. At least, that’s how he’s always appeared to me in our SoReal meetings. I assume reality is pretty close to projection. You don’t get to be the head of the world’s largest, most profitable corporation hiding behind a mask  and blundering over words.

“I should hope so!” He pats me on the shoulder and joins his security detail. He could just fade out, as most people do when leaving a SoReal session, but Asher Bennett-Dyson prefers to make an exit. I think “fading out” in any sense of the phrase is probably against his religion.
More coming soon! Chapter 1 is already available on Amazon at oSWAT: The Games Children Play

No comments:

Post a Comment